Wednesday 29 December 2010

End of year Card Challenges...

Some more glitter. I have made this Birthday card today using one of the Lili of the Valley toppers, they have changed their format to their toppers all being one size and I must admit that I liked the previous format of an A4 sheet with the lovely pictures in various sizes, I felt there was more opportunities to use the toppers, i.e. for the outside of the card and perhaps a smaller one for the inside or the reverse. I am however glad that I had picked up a about 10 of the sheets on March at the SECC Craft Fair, so will make good use of them I promise!
This card has been made using some pp from my craft box, paper flowers from my stash and a Birthday tag from the wonderful Craftwork Cards. I was fortunate enough to have gone on their blog at the beginning of December and taken advantage of a special offfer of their project bags at half price, down to £5! I purchased three of these, various colours and designs, and the pack included card and envelopes, tags, ribbons, card candy, templates etc. These are a fabulous buy even at the full cost of £10. I have also used Stickles around the outer edges of the papers, this doesn't show up som well on the photograph though. I have used Sakura glitter pen on the angel's wings to add some more sparkle! A few embellishments added to the corners with glossy accents, I must admit I like using this as a "glue" for those wee fiddly bits. A new, and very welcome addition to my stash, is a paire of tweezers, wow, these make picking up the gems so much easier, wish I had known about that before!
I have entered this card in a few challenges, noted here, here goes...
Allsorts - Free and Easy - Anything Goes
Party Time Tuesdays - Anything Goes Birthday Card
Moving along with the times - Anything Goes (No Christmas cards allowed!)
My time to craft challenge - brand spanking new
CES Challenges - Anything Goes
I did it creations challenge blog - something new on your card
Totally Gorjuss Challenge - For someone special

7 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful card, the colours work really well and I love those LOTV images! Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT this week. Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Thanks for joining in with this lovely card on our Anything Goes theme on MAWTT this week Hazelxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anne, thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. I love your card, the LOTV images are gorgeous aren't they? The swirls on my card were die-cut using some of the new dies I was lucky enough to get for Christmas. These particular ones were from a Marianne Creatables border die LR0116. I hope this helps. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful bright girly card...so pretty...thanks for joining in with the Bunny Zoe's Crafts monthly challenge and have a very Happy New Year
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and cheerful birthday card! Love the topper and DP! TY for joining us at PTT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful - lovely layout and really pretty papers! Thanks for joining us at CES challenges this week, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  7. fab card and great details , thanks for playing at CES challenges.
    Hugs Kaylou xxx

    ReplyDelete