Tuesday 2 November 2010

SECC Craft Show Fix...

Headed along to the SECC Hobbycrafts Show at the weekend (Fri, Sat and Sunday) - my poor feet! My friend and her daughter, who have never been to the show before, accompanied myself and my "adopted" 11 year old, Bethany. Bethany and I are old hands, attending the past couple of shows so we kinda knew what we were looking for, however, 9 year old Olivia, I think was overwhelmed by all the goodies available. The two girls purchased stamps, double sided tape and bags of glitter, some fun is definitely ahead. Craftwork Cards had a christmas kit incorporating their first class cardstock, envelopes, toppers, papers, candy and ribbons all in a pvc holder for £10 - a great purchase for the girls. I thoroughly enjoyed the demos, chuffed to bits to see Sheena Douglass and also Barbara Gray (though it took some patience to get to see them both as they were so popular). I would also like to thank Stephanie Weightman who took time from her busy schedule on Thursday to hold a workshop on Thursday night for my local cardmaking class, she was in fine form, guiding all of us on our project and making a lovely evening for us, poor Stephanie had had no time to eat as she had come straight from Thursday's opening day at the SECC, we provided sandwiches etc for the group. Many thanks to Stephanie. Pencilled in dates for March to head along again, but in the meantime, so looking forward to making lovely glittery Christmas cards - so many ideas!!

1 comment: